Whether you’re a blogger, a writer or editor, writing a great headline is a must if you want to capture your reader’s interest. the headline is more important now than it ever has been.Follow these tips, and you might just be able to conjure up some interest.
- Mention celebrity& hot news——People love to read stories about topics they’re interested and current events (including but not limited to politics/icians, war, celebrities et al.) if you’re writing about a hot topic, be sure to drop in those keywords to whet your reader’s appetite.Then what kinds of news or celebrity you should write about?Just take a look at google zeitgeist:you will find out a lot,such as: steve jobs.Iphone5 etc.
- Strong adjectives——you can Use superlatives or some strong words like “top”.”powerful”.”awesome””super”…For example:The easiest way to send fax online.So if you must, use the words ‘best ever’ or ‘worst’ or ‘longest’ or ‘coolest’ in your headline. It might just do the job.Maybe it is the easiest way to hook up your readers.
- One sentence summarizes your article——This sort of headline works great for science or technology findings and social issues – give away the result of the article in one short sentence and they will read the whole article.For example：President Obama stirs up campaign issues in New Hampshire.
- Aroused the curiosity of people——Ask them a question or put out a wired info,For example:How Does Coffee Become Decaf?Such a loaded question is likely to rile people into response, as well – if it’s an inflammatory piece you’re after, then a loaded question in the headline is the way to go.
- Show a list begin with list of….——for example:List of notable blogs. lists can be a popular addition to social bookmarking – whether it’s a ‘List of Top 100 films of all time’ or ‘Top 50 RIA’, you’ll be sure to gain some quick interest.If you worry about if people will presume you are making ads,then you can add some more info,such as:” the list of richest countries from forbes.com”.There is another good way:tell people this stuff are freebies.NOTE:Do not overuse, with some interesting content, the list could be a great topic.
subscribers will generally judge a blog post by the headline, only stopping by to read if they are interested in your topic. if you can successfully get a hook in the headline of your article, then you’ll have a much better chance of getting them to read the whole article,even the whole blog.