In addition to using the plug-ins suggested in the previous section, there are other easy tricks you can use to increase the number of incoming links to your blog. Here are a few to get you started:
- Publish amazing content on your blog other people will want to read, share,and write about on their own sites.
- Leave comments on other blogs, and include your blog’s address in the comment forms’ URL space.
- Accept trackbacks on your blog posts so people who link to your posts receive an incoming link to their sites in return.
- Promote your content on your Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other social networking profiles.
- Submit your content to social bookmarking sites like Digg and StumbleUpon.
- Write for multiple sites, and interlink your content.
- Write guest blog posts for other popular blogs, and include a link back to your blog in your author biography.
Anything you do to share your content with interested audiences increases the potential that people will read it. If they like it, they might write about it on their own blogs and link to it, or they might share it through their own social web connections.Each instance your content is shared and viewed increases the potential for others to
write about your content and link to it. The more incoming links, the better, in terms of boosting your search engine rankings.