A feed is syndicated blog content. The most common format for blog feeds is RSS (Really Simple Syndication). Feed readers gather and display blog feeds for quick and easy viewing in one place, such as Google Reader.
A frequent, chronological publication of personal thoughts and Web links. A blog is often a mixture of what is happening in a person’s life and what is happening on the Web, a kind of hybrid diary/guide site, although there are as many unique types of blogs as there are people. Blogs are alternatively called web logs or weblogs . However, “blog” seems less likely to cause confusion, as “web log” can also mean a server’s log files.
Here is what I found out,take a look at some great and interesting blog from Time Magazine :
Best Blogs of 2011
Niche blog is a blog being used by market to a particular business. in some form, a niche blog, the term as it applies to marketing refers to a particular kind of blog.It focus on selling Product，not for making new friends or Self-expression. In some cases, the purpose of the niche blog is to incite the reader into visiting another website which may then attempt to sell the reader a product or service.
In order to make money, the niche blog itself often contains valuable information to To attract readers, Most pay-per-click advertising is content-sensitive, so it is vital to the niche blogger to have useful content that is related to the chosen niche.
So is my blog a niche blog?so far,not yet,maybe someday.
Now let us discuss about How to Write an Elevator Pitch for Your Blog:You can ask yourself some questions like something below then you will figure out what elevator pitch you should make:
- What problem you are going to solve for people?——In my blog,my goal is telling people what is blog,how to blog,it is going to help people solve the problems from blogging,what about yours?
- who will be your audience?Tell people Who you are attempting to attract.include this in your pitch.People will easy to understand that my blog is written for blogger.If your blog is for teens, don’t develop a pitch for grandparents—target the reader you want.
- Is it short and to the point?——make your elevator pitch crystal clear.Get to the point, eliminate unnecessary,words and make it punchy!
- Have I use humor or powerful imagery to grab the attention?
- Have you make it interesting and make others would like to visit your blog?your elevator pitch should entice them to learn more.
- Have you show your Enthusiasm?——Be Energetic but not Hyped, This is important: Show people who you love what you’re doing, that you’re passionate, and what you care about.
- Have you aroused people’s curiosity?——If you don’t have any idea,ask people a question about your blog,people are engage with questions. Ask them, you’ll hook people in.
So You don’t have to say it all in your initial pitch, I am sure you are
ready to say more if people are interested.Thanks for taking note on my topic,feel free to discuss more on this topic with me.
“An elevator pitch is an overview of an idea for a product, service,
or project. The name reflects the fact that an elevator pitch can be
delivered in the time span of an elevator ride (for example, thirty
seconds or 100–150 words).” —Wikipedia
As a blogger you need to have thought through what your blog is about. If you’re fuzzy on what your blog is about,people will not have a clear idea either.
I have a couple of elevator pitches in my blog here at https://whybloghowtoblog.wordpress.com/. One is short,I make it so simple, to the point and clear:what is blog,how to blog,so people will understand that my goal is:step by step ,make them successful on blogging.
The other one is longer,The longer version usually I put it to “about me “page.Or I use it into my advertorial.